Filing a wrongful death claim can be extremely difficult for families. Not only must they deal with their grief over the passing of a loved one, they must also handle a very complicated legal situation. If you have lost a loved one to wrongful death, then a qualified wrongful death lawyer can handle the litigation while you are given time to recover from you loss. An attorney can help you recover the damages that are rightfully yours.
If your loved one was the victim of wrongful death in New Jersey, the LAW OFFICES OF GREGG A. WILLIAMS can guide you through the legal process and help protect your rights and the rights of your deceased loved one. Contact us today at 732-514-6635.
What damages can I recover from a wrongful death claim?
A claim for wrongful death may include compensation for the following:
• Reimbursement for all medical expenses incurred as a result of the negligence
• Reimbursement for the loss of any future income
• Reimbursement for property damage, if applicable
• Reimbursement for any future services normally provided to you by the person who has died
• Reimbursement for loss of consortium, meaning a spouse’s right to the companionship, help and affection from the person who has died
• Reimbursement for any punitive damages if the negligence was found to be criminal
Every state has a “statute of limitations” (the amount of time allotted to file a claim for negligence). You must protect your family’s rights by making sure that the negligent party is held accountable for your loss.
Although it is extremely hard, it is crucial that you preserve any supporting evidence and file your claim within the legal time limits. A New Jersey wrongful death attorney from LAW OFFICES OF GREGG A. WILLIAMS can help with this process.
If you have lost a loved one to wrongful death, then a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney can help you take legal action to claim damages. If your loss was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Let LAW OFFICES OF GREGG A. WILLIAMS help you. Contact us today by calling 732-514-6635 or click here.